My 101 List


If it was not because of a gentle reminder from my dear friend Justo, hailing all the way from Honduras, I would have forgotten about this blog. I miss you buddy!!!

I just started working in the corporate world early this month since my graduation. To be very honest, I feel a huge chunk missing in my life. Feeling deeply empty in my heart. I didn't know what was gone. Every single day, without fail while taking the LRT (or the subway) I keep thinking " what is it, where is it, how should I do about it, why is it so". As I am trying to find answers to all these endless, baseless questions, loneliness and depression are beginning to tap on my shoulder. NO, I can't feel sad for myself. I want to be alive. Listen, I have to shrug depression away because I don't want to leave any space within my heart for it. I afraid that it would eat me up. Before that could happen, I made a list. As I write them down one by one, I begin to feel alive again. Then I realised that what have been missing all these while is FUN. There is no foundation of fun for the past few months, NADA... I was too serious and harsh on myself. Yes, before this I was pressured because I have the impression that I could not meet the expectation the society impose on me. Couldn't find a good job, with a good pay, buy a house, get a car, plan for early retirement and blah blah blah... For now, I don't want to discuss about that kind of list. The list that I want to share here sounds like this:

  • Run a marathon
  • Read a book in a day
  • Do something artsy and crafty every Sunday for 2 months continuously
  • Eat 7 things I've never tried before
  • Cook 5 things I've never cooked before
  • Make a photo book with my favourite pictures
  • Make a scrapbook of places I've been before in Europe
  • Get a facial appointment
  • Try manicure and pedicure
  • Go to a live musical show
  • Stop talking for 10 minutes while the live band is playing in the bar
  • Buy a new mattress
  • Visit 5 more countries (0/5)
  • Go to New York
  • Bake a cake
  • Read 10 biographies/ non-fiction books (0/10)
  • Plant a rosemary
  • Buy a new smartphone
  • Compliment at a person a day
  • Give at least 10 speeches
  • Blog once a week (1/45)
  • Make a teddy bear out of felt
  • Sing out loud
So far, that is all that I could think of. I will think for more while I have to be committed to ACTUALLY do them.