check-in day

It was insanely cold outside. The typical Minnesotan winter :)

I can finally move into the dorm.. I mean residence hall.

Yong Han and I walked about 5-10 minutes to the university from his apartment with my luggages. Thanks.

Check-in at Sherburne Hall and we met SK, who is sort of like my welcome committee there. But now he becomes my babysitter..hehe.. SK is also one of the malaysian student family member with major in international business.

Feels so taken-care-of to have fellow Malaysians who help me settle down endlessly. Jasmine is making sure that I have enough food filled in my stomach. Got free hangers and shower basket too. Too bad that I just bought it from Walmart but I am going to return it tomorrow. They have 90 days return and exchange policy =D

Here's some pictures I randomly took during our trip to Wal-mart and Cub Food.


Leslie from Centre of International Studies

Jouo and Catalina (I'm not so sure on the spelling because they have strong accent) from Brazil



Walid from Bangladesh but grew up in Saudi Arabia






Comforter
Pillow (it's only $5.00 and the quality is up to standard too)
Hangers
Detergent
Laundry hamper
You know what, I forgot to get bedsheet and pillow case. well, I didn't entirely forget. I just didn't know that comforter and the linens comes seperately. Gonna get it tomorrow.


Here's a glimpse of my side of the room.

Lots of cleaning up to do.

Havent met my American roommate yet.



So, this is the beginning of the chapter about my life as an Global UGRAD exchange student for spring semester.

PS:My nose bleed constantly, is it common in winter? Really freaked the hell out of me when I see blood stain on the tissue when I blew my nose. For the first few days they weren't this much.

6 gossips:

swen said...

drink lotsa water to try and cure your nose bleed k. body not used to the weather, i guess :)

so cute. u took pic of walmart! haha :)

take care. love youuuu!

yonghan said...

it's cold n it's dry... so it's normal lah.... don't blow too hard!!

yonghan said...

so u got a new babysitter edi hah... can throw away the old one... hehe

Anonymous said...

Hey Yong Han, don't say that. I didn't throw you away..i m not being kacang lupakan kulit k. you're just a senior babysitter.hehe. see you around.

yonghan said...

Aih... Kidding Nia... Why so serious??

Sean said...

Its common 4 nose bleed 2 happen in the midwest due to the cold dry weather. After a while when ur body gets used 2 it, it will stop. Continue to have fun here as I can see ur enjoying urself already!!!=)

Post a Comment