Little Girl coming to St Cloud

(I've been so lazy lately to update anything.. Here is a blog I wrote for World Learning. It was posted in another blog specially dedicated to UGRAD members two days ago)

Hello World!!! How are you? My name is Anna Lim from Malaysia. My major is International Business. I grew up in the capital city, Kuala Lumpur where the Petronas Twin Towers are located. Where is Malaysia? You can find us in the south east of Asia in the world map. I always think that Malaysia looks like a sweet potato. That's how I studied my domestic geography :) We have sunshine and rain through out the whole year.

Thanks to World Learning as they brought me to St Cloud State University, Minnesota. It has been 21 days since I came to St Cloud. I never seen snow before until I step foot on this land. I really love them even though they could be harsh to my skin. One thing I learnt here is the weather sucks but the people are warm. Pretty much true.

I enjoy meeting new people especially those who come from different cultural backgrounds. Each day I find out fun facts about my friends' countries as well as expose to foreign languages. Well, Japanese and Spanish aren't so foreign to me now as I listen to them everyday. It was really amazing to see a group of international students and Americans sitting at one table in the cafeteria talking and laughing. The diversity that we have created is so fantastic.

Even though I will be here only for the Spring Semester, I want to make the best out of it. I wish to bring the world back home. I am positive that this would be an experience that I will never regret. Cheers.




2 gossips:

yonghan said...

cute writing...
btw... i have a few blog posts written in english, so go read it...

yonghan said...

oh ya... prepare to become si tenggang while you are back...

Post a Comment