Not a Typical Sunday

Now listening to Izinkan Ku Pergi by Kaer.

This isn't my ordinary Sunday. I am feeling great!!

My dad and and I had dim sum at Kuchai Lama. Honestly, I hardly see my dad and communicate with him though we live under the same roof. It's kinda sad. I always know that we don't have strong relationship and yet he loves me the most. The problem lies within me. I've been keeping the door close. It applies to both my heart and room. However, I don't want to stay this way. Too painful to live with it.


Normally, if my dad ask me to eat with him, I decline. This time I am the one who asked him to have breakfast with me. I let go my pride like my friends told me in order to have father-daughter bonding. And we even went grocery shopping together. Our conversation today is certainly longer than what we have for a month. This isn't as difficult as i thought.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to do something different today. Instead of watching tv and reading, I paint. It's like going back to primary school.

Not having any instruments for my mission, I have to buy it. I already gave all my old watercolour set and brushes to my mommy's friend's children some time ago. I tried to look for it in 711 but they don't have it. My last hope is Pasar Mini Bangsar and thank God they sell it there. Hmm..I have to say that I never heard of that brand before but what choice do I have right. I don't want to go all the way to Bangsar Village. So, I bought a box of 12 colours water colour and a chinese calligraphy brush.


I don't know why I was so excited about painting. I have to admit that my performance in art class was extremely bad. The highest grade I received was B. I totally have zero talent when it comes to drawing and colouring. Well, I am just doing it for fun. I can't possibly paint a beautiful scenery or potrait.

After experimenting on a few pieces of art block, I did came out with something. See below.

I didn't know water colour costs like a peanut.


After my project.

Oh, they don't sell palette in Pasar Mini Bangsar. The only closest thing to a palette that I can find in my house is the egg container.

my art. I love trees. Go green

A primary school student's work may be better than mine. I officially announce that I can't paint. LOL. I better give up. This is embarrassing.


No matter what, I will still put it on my board. *Proud*

Every now and then, we should do something different. Trust me, you'll never regret it. This weekend's project helps me to release my daily accummulated stress.

Cheers.

2 gossips:

Cherry KSL said...

hi keng li, im proud of you for taking initiative to have a quality time with ur dad. do read my blog, a great loss, 4 days ago. after reading that, im sure u want to hang out with ur dad more and more.

btw, love ur painting!

Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

Great to hear that sis.

zen
(xiaozhen.tumblr.com)

Post a Comment